XPages and the JSF Lifecycle Courselet
The XPages and the JSF Lifecycle courselet provides information about the Java Server (JSF) 6 phases in relation to XPages technology, and is an addition to our XP852 – Lotus Domino Designer 8.5.2 Basic XPages Applications course. This mini-course consists out of six parts:
- Prerequisites and objectives;
- XPages and the JSF Lifecycle instruction video;
- Exercise to test your knowledge;
- Google+ hangout to discuss the application;
Courselet prerequisites and objectives
The target audience is the experienced Lotus Notes developer,
who has already build some XPages applications, and
want to increase his knowledge of XPages technology.
The prerequisites for this intermediate level courselet are familiarity with:
- LotusScript or Java back-end classes.
After this courselet you are able to:
- use the methods of a component;
- access the Notes document from the NotesXspDocument;
- use the right event Server box options.
XPages and the JSF Lifecycle video
Link for iPhone, iPod and iPad users: http://vimeo.com/35344792
You are requested to build an XPages application more or less equivalent to the application in the video, with the following features:
- Store the Notes document with an Notes Authors field containing the “[Editor]” role and the name of the person;
- The Id field surrounded with a red border when the id already exists, and an error message next to the field.
Google+ hangout session
When there are sufficient students AppliGate will organize a Google+ hangout for a maximum 6 students where each student has 3 minutes to present his solution. After the presentation there will be a discussion between the instructor/coach and students. You need to have a Google+ account for the hangout.
|Date and time next Google+ hangout:||Februari 13 2012, 12:00 – 12:30 CET|
|Maximum nbr. of participants:||6 students|
If possible we will form a class so the students can exchange information and work together to do the exercise. Priority will be given to former AppliGate’s XPages students.
Please add +Rob Bontekoe to one of your Google+ circles and add a post with your interest. Then we put you in our XPages circle and communicate this way in the future.
- AppliGate XPages Wiki
- Notes Domino Application Development Wiki
- What is the difference between the “NotesXspDocument” and “NotesDocument” class in XPages?
- XP852 – Lotus Domino Designer 8.5.2 Basic XPages Applications